Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 120  Next
Brütal Doom v0.15a hotfix 

0.13 still breaks maps like map05 and map07 in cchest2. Teleports sometimes are not working. I think MytiS mentioned this or a similar problem with teleporting monsters.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:37 am

Yea, the plasma ball damage was reduced from 4 from 5. Editing the PK3 can fix that.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 am
Profile YIM WWW

Nice update, Sarge. When I witnessed the new chainsaw (I didn't read the changelog this time), I wtf'd. I do like it, though. The new animation for flipping the bird is nice. I haven't witnessed any bugs yet, though, so lets see what I can find.

Last edited by Wimbleton on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:00 pm

I would also like to request a new gun sound for the Plasma Rifle, it doesn't really fit the look of the gun, maybe use the sounds from Doom 64? Something other than the current at least... Also, the damage of the Plasma Rifle was fine before, now it is not doing as much damage. The Revenant corpse shown below cannot be cut by the chainsaw to remove the weapon, nor can the toasted standard Mancubus corpse.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc24 ... ontCut.png

Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:34 pm

The fatality'd revenant's corpse never could be hit by any weapon, actually. As for the toasted mancubus not being able to have the cannon cut off, Mark specifically stated that you couldn't do that. Besides, you roasted the mancubus to death. Don't you think that'd maybe break a FLAMETHROWER? Just saying.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:21 pm

I didn't toast him, he toasted himself! :-P

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Minus the fatality suggestion since you already have plans for those, any new thoughts about these? (also added what I posted before this):

Some more suggestions that could improve gameplay (edited to fit current version):

1. Add a heavy damage down slash alt fire to the Chainsaw. (to make it usefull against bigger monsters)
2. Add guage slugs alt fire to Shotgun.
3. Add heat seeker rocket alt fire to Revenant Launcher.
4. Add flame thrower alt fire to Mancubus Arm.
5. Add mini BFG blast alt fire to BFG9000. (blasts that DO NOT hurt you for full damage up close)
6. Add grenade launcher alt fire to Rocket launcher
7. Increase kick damage slightly.
8. Give Mancubus a close range flame thrower (he is too easy to kill).
9. Give Hell Knights an enrage function. When they drop down to 35% HP they will move and attack faster.
10. Remove fireballs from Hell Knight if enrage is added/when enraged.
11. Add gibs to all the Skulltag monsters and/or other monsters used in the near future.
12. Add a random spawning feature for everything.
13. Add the Spider Mastermind Auto Cannon as a useable weapon. (weapon slot 9?)
14. Tone down Imp damage of all attacks slightly.
15. Change weapon sound of Plasma Gun.

Fatality Ideas (compliments of Enker-Zan):

1. Cyber Demon - Run between it's legs, climb up it's back, screw it's head off by it's horns, jump down to it's rocket launcher arm, grab the end of it, swing back up to the head, stuff the launcher in the neck hole, activate a timer on the launcher and yell "HA-HA!" and jump off. After you do that you run because he does explode. :lol:

2. Mastermind - Run under it, pull out the gun from the chassi, press random buttons on the gun, throw it into it's brain at high velocity, watch the gun shoot in random directions out of it's brain, yell "HA-HA!" afterwords. and then run away from the sparking corpse before he self destructs. :lol:

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:24 pm

-Personally, I rather like the Imps being able to cause high damage. They're all but useless otherwise. I mean, c'mon, in vanilla Doom they're essentially target practice.
-I like the chainsaw idea. The swing should have a long "cooldown" though, to balance it and keep players from swinging it around like a mighty broadsword (which, from my experience in using a chainsaw, is not easy to do).
-Twinkieman is right on track about kick damage. It's fun kicking zombies to death while they're helpless on the ground, anyway.
-Ugh, I don't like the Hell Nobles becoming enraged idea at all. It's a novel idea, I guess, but when you've taken six hits from a double barrel shotgun, you get weaker, not faster and stronger. And turning them into melee enemies when they get low on health doesn't sound good to me...
-I don't even think that the player should be able to perform fatalities on the boss creatures. I mean, it would only be viable if you were invincible, anyway.
-Personally, I think the plasma rifle sounds just fine. Personal taste, I guess.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:14 pm

@2. I wanted a substitute for a sniper rifle, the combat rifle doesn't always cut it.
@5. Even if it were to go through, I would use the main cannon anyways. The alt fire is there to move mobs out of the way to use the main gun on the target I need to hit it with. Plasma gun could be used for that instead, but weapon switching doesnt always work in certain situations.
@7. I have not seen a damage difference with the berserk pack active, if there is, then we can veto this.
@9. Baron will remain the same, he is dangerous enough as it is spamming fireballs with the stamina he has.
@12. It would be an optional single player thing, maybe just to juggle everything except the monsters, forgot to edit that part.
@13. He could mount that on his shoulder, and I don't see how it would be OP because how often do you really see a Mastermind?
@fatalities: You go through the effort of performing it, why not break out the popcorn? Besides, look how long the Arch-Vile fatality is. :lol:

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Imps are a bit ridiculous right now. They're SUPPOSED to be just a step up from zombiemen, cannonfodder that can hit you. Right now they're jumping death machines that tear anything to shreds up-close, they make Pinkies look like teddy bears.

I mean, they can kill a lot more than they should in monster fights as well, I've seen them down chainsaw guys on occasion and they usually wreck Cacodemons.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:25 pm

I am glad you them as I do Manfred60. They have done 40 damage to me unarmored with a single fireball, which is the same if not more than what a caco demon throws out. The constant leaping at my face is just overkill, they really do put pinkys to shame...

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Last edited by President People on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Well, Mr. President, I'd say that's a terrific idea. It would be kind of neat if coming out of a fatality the Marine displayed either the "angry" or "evil grin" face for a moment. It would be a nice little detail.

As for the pistol, I doubt Sarge will ever bring it into Brutal Doom. As it is, it's outclassed by pretty much everything. The Marine's such a badass that his bare knuckles are even more effective! Really, a pistol would only be viable if it possessed a feature that differentiated it from the many other weapons at the player's disposal. Maybe a slow-firing, extremely loud handgun that fires powerful explosive rounds which knock small enemies down similar to a kick, or perhaps a compact, burst-firing machine pistol similar to Turok 2's Mag-60, something that shreds demons up close but is really inaccurate and goes through magazines very quickly. In any case, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 am

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:43 am

I was playing the built in Invasion mode for Skulltag with this MOD, and it was going real smooth. Up untill I picked up the orange sphere powerup on one of the maps and the game crashed to desktop. :-(

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Bug Fixes
Grenade Launcher
Railgun
More Fatalites
More Shinies
More oooh's
More ahhh's
Blood for the Blood god!
SKULLTAG MONSTERS AND ITEMS
impse fatality

There. Everything you need for v14.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 120  Next