Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 120  Next
Brütal Doom v0.15a hotfix 

What did you do?

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile WWW

@Southpark2010: Ow, my brain... X.x

I have been having issues with my movement speed being reduced when I walk over pools of blood in water, or on a cieling over water. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:16 pm

@Southpark2010
I don't think that's a glitch, I think it happens when you run out of ammo...

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Location: In Hell, Headbanging to the Demons playing Heavy Metal

Last edited by Southpark2010 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 am

Oh I thought you meant the sound effect not turning off lol

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:55 am

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 pm

We got some badass testers in here. Thanks for the NeoDoom Patch.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:13 am

The bulletpuffs are a little over-the-top, even for BD. Are the bullets incendiary rounds? :P

Also, suggestion: Give the MP-40 ADS like the rifle.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Wow, got some pretty neat changes here in v015 Test 4.

Might I make a few suggestions though? Perhaps demonic weaponry could be extended. Here's what I thought up of.. The Berserk pack seems to make you unimaginably strong. Now, it just requires one to give you that strength per level. During that time you have that power, imagine grabbing ahold of not one, but two mancubus fire cannons and blasting those bad boys away at your enemies. Or, take ol spider's Super Chaingun and start mowing down a Cyber demon with it. Better yet, why not just grab the Cyber demons rocket launcher and just fire surges of those rockets at your lovely crowds of enemies.

Once the effect wears off (At the exit of a level), the weapons are still in your inventory, but you wont be able to use two mancubus cannons, or those big weapons collected from boss monsters for the meantime until you find another berserk pack. I always wanted to use the Cyber Demons Rocket launcer. The original 3 round burst would do a number on things.

The Berserk pack could also allow you to move while in spin-up mode with the chaingun, no more having to brace yourself while your that strong. I'm done having a headache with pictures. I hope these are cool suggestions, in the meantime, I'll keep playing some of the latest beta of brutal doom.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Location: In Hell, Headbanging to the Demons playing Heavy Metal
Here's a suggestion: How about if you grab a barrel, the barrel will spill it's waste onto the floor using the green blood with the green bloodsplats... Doesn't the blood sprites use translations? I mean come on, You can't tip a barrel over like Doomguy doe's without spilling it's contents onto the floor :P , Also you should use Altfire to throw the barrel with multiple distances.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:32 am

There's some pretty neat ideas in here. I particularly like the HUD face states. Only thing is, doesn't the HUD cut out when performing a fatality? Or maybe I'm not remembering that right... Anyway, thanks for the upload, Boko. I wasn't able to get my hands on the earlier test versions, so it's much appreciated!

'Bout my soundless zombies idea: I didn't want to make the zombies completely soundless. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to silence their screaming while they're in their "crippled" state. Silent zombies would suck.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:14 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not really liking the new sprites for the Plasmagun, it makes it look like a Nerf gun... The railgun looks to cartoony for this MOD, if that makes sense.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:02 am
Profile WWW

Eh, I don't know. I personally think the plasma gun looks okay. Obviously I preferred the modified Doom 64 version, but this version looks good enough and animates very well. Just remove the yellow and black "hazard" stripes, maybe darken the overall color tone a bit, and I think it's a winner. Sarge really nailed the "feel" of the plasma gun this time - it's nice and powerful, and the 50-shot capacity is a good idea. I've noticed the bug changing to and from the weapon, too, and it is a bit irritating.

The SSG on the other hand...meh, I'm not too fond of the new furniture. In no way do these cosmetic changes harm the weapon though - I just liked it the old way, that's all. Maybe twinkie's right about making it a pump weapon, but it would have to have a long pump, a small magazine, and a slow reload so as not to make the original shotgun completely redundant.

The Skulltag weapons are actually okay! Not that I doubted Sarge could pull it off, or anything, but I have to admit I'm surprised. Maybe the grenade laucnher functionality could even be tied to the rocket launcher as a secondary function? If the RL were a magazine-fed weapon, it could theoretically fire mini-rockets hot or cold. If fired hot, the pressure would cycle the action. If fired cold, for the purposes of launching a timed, bouncing grenade, you'd have to manually cycle with, let's say, a pump mechanism. For gameplay purposes, it would have to be a really slow pump. Just thinking out loud, really.

Love the weapon-specific sprites! And the automatic rifle fire in multiplayer has been fixed too!

Now for a couple of bugs. (I hope I'm not repeating anything, here. Typing at a library computer on a timer leaves little room to browse all the previous posts. I'm sorry 'bout that.)

- Aforementioned plasma gun cycling bug - just to confirm again.
- Strange: using the all weapons cheat I get a minigun1 and minigun2...I think they function identically, too.
- Killing a player Marine sometimes spawns a severed arm for no reason.
- Gibbing a player Marine sometimes results in the severed arm death scream and pouring blood - even though the only thing left is the helmet!
- Moving through the water is now a bit of a pain. It's "sticky" now, making precise movements (such as dodging attacks) very difficult. This is very noticable in Doom II's second mission.

Crap, I'm out of time. Thanks for a new version! It's awesome!

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:36 pm

For me, the mini gun is the most impractical and difficult weapon to use IMHO because of its delay between firing to allow for the barrels to start spinning, which make it hard to use against several different enemies at once (enemies can attack during the down time). Is it possible to remove the delay Time and animations in standard fire, but leave it in the alt fire?

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:59 pm

I would like to request rifle grenades (if it hasn't been already, sorry haven't read the whole 80 pages) or a multi-use grenade launcher. (flash, incendiary, etc.) I have some trouble with wide area supression gets to be a pain on some wads where you've just started.
Overall, I love what you've done with it.

Edit: Shotgun grenades would be awesome too.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 120  Next