Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 120  Next
Brütal Doom v0.15a hotfix 

some bugs i noticed in v15
the shotgun guy pumps twice,once before he shoots and after which isn't necessary
it's almost HARD to gib the zombies with the rocket launcher
when the shotgun guy loses his arm and starts screaming before death, he shirnks really small.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:20 am

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:35 am

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:12 am

Arachnotrons are medium-sized enemies that like to be spawned in packs(like spiders in many games, funnily enough)and they're deadly enough as-is. They don't need any changes. However, there are a few things that could use some tweaking.

The railgun is awesome now. The slower firing rate balances out its one-hit kill capability in DM nicely. Still dunno why you increased the clip size of it, but that's not important I guess. Also, the fact that it unzooms after a shot means that if you're sniping and you miss the first shot, you can't quickly adjust and re-fire before they get a chance to react. Overall I love it. However, there is just one little nag. The firing sound is just now WAY too weak for such a powerful gun. When I see things explode into a million pieces from something smacking them in the chest that's not much bigger than a large walnut in size(that's my estimate for the width of a railgun beam, anyways, size in the Doom engine has always been hard to estimate for me aside from generalizations like "that Cyberdemon is really fucking huge"), I expect the gun that fired said something to be a lot louder than, well, this thing is.

The grenade launcher is spot on. When you clarified that it's really a situational weapon and not a cruise weapon(like real life, how 'bout that?), suddenly the fact that it has a huge explosion radius makes sense(I expected it to be big, but damn, not THAT big). I still think regardless it needed to be shrunk a good deal, and the 300 as opposed to 350 radius is a good compromise. Still can be a bit odd to get the hang of at first, but after hurting yourself a few times you'll find the range on it. PROTIP: It goes boom, big time. Stand the fuck back. Use it in large outdoor areas, longer corridors(primary fire) or around corners(altfire), and use the RL otherwise so you don't die from your own mushroom clouds.

That's about it for me. Oh, wait, one last thing. Y U NO FIX RAILGUN SPAWN IN MAPS? It still spawns the alternate plasma rifle filler thingy, but now that isn't even on the weapon list so you can't scroll away from it. -_- I guess you had to overlook something though, it's inevitable.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:32 am

He probably has not gotten to that yet, I am assuming were getting what he works on per test, so it might be on the to-do list. But yeah, Railgun, BFG10k, and Grenade Launcher need shared spawns with Plasmagun, BFG9k and Rocket Launcher for single player.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:50 pm

The link to Metal_Doom.zip is a corrupted file in the first post of this thread. Could someone please repost it? I'd love to have those tracks for playing with Brutal Doom.

Thanks so much!
Ben

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Oh, the chaingunner and mancubus still disappear from a demon's bite attack, the chaingunner still doesn't drop his weapon when killed by a fire weapon, certain chunks of meat/gibs spin sometimes and the zombieman still drops 2 rifles when he gets his leg blown off.

Speaking of the crawling deaths, wouldn't it make more sense if the zombieman and sergeant's final death frame after crawling around for a bit should be on his stomach not his back?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Location: Shitty Communist Nazi Republic of Banana Land (a.k.a. Brazil)
v15a hotfix is out. Some major stuff fixed. Please, download it again.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:24 pm

dammit, mark, you are trying to make me work harder. :/

http://phenomer.net/hosted/boko/BRUTALDOOMV015a.zip , if you are having trouble with mediafire, or other.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:33 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm. I noticed the Rocket Launcher only has 4 rockets loaded when you pick it up.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Maybe it has to do with that rockets do 30 damage (50% more than classic Doom)? Correct me if I'm wrong..

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Railgun is satisfying but large magazine capacity and low energy cell cost per shot makes it a bit of OP imo. Also it sure could use more detailed sprite work.

Grenade Launcher is balanced imo, shrapnel spread is genuine. Still I think it's a bit over powered, may be projectile speed should be slowed down a bit.

I'm still behind the idea of BFG 10k inaccuracy spread after repetitive beats, thou.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile WWW

Awesome, Boko, thank you very much! ...but that's just the Doom 2 one? Do you happen to have the Doom 1 one as well? <grin>

Ben

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:48 pm

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:08 pm

I love the grenade launcher, you can clear a room of zombies if it's dead center of the group, tho I may have come across more disappearing monsters involving the demon bite. Please look over the zombieman's stuff if possible.

Speaking of the grenade launcher, shouldn't it have a more natural trajectory since using the primary makes it feel like I'm using a hand-portable mortar.

Oh yea, the HELP lump says it's version 0.10 :) Might wanna keep a temporary version without the # so you can easily update it.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 pm
Profile WWW

Grenade Launcher and Railgun is powerful enough to wipe a hallway full of weaklings with a single shot. By seeing that I kinda started to think that fatalities should be more rewarding. Because I think it has no meaning when you're trying to rip and tear someone when you can just wipe a whole group out with a single shot, without breaking a sweat.

My suggestion is making fatality to overheal the player. As far as I remember fatalities only reward the player with 10 hp, it wouldn't hurt the gameplay in anyway if it overheals the player like water vials do, I believe.

Didn't like it? They how about tuning down Railgun and Grenade Launcher a bit instead? Grenade Launcher projectile speed is too high, impact grenades overpower rocket launcher too. I think impact grenades should be removed. As for Railgun, it has a large magazine when compared to its cell cost per shot.

Last edited by sin-jackinn on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 120  Next