Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 120  Next
Brütal Doom v0.15a hotfix 

Location: Shitty Communist Nazi Republic of Banana Land (a.k.a. Brazil)

Brutal Doom is a mod for Skulltag and GZDoom that attempts to make Doom faster placed, harder, and much, much, a thousand times gorier and more violent. It's made to work with any IWAD, and any megawad or maps that doesn't contains custom weapons or monsters.

Features:
- Tons of new Death animations for all enemies. You can cut their limbs, cut them in half with chainsaw or minigun, melt them with plasma, Everything can be gibbed, there are even Xdeath states for large enemies like Barons and Mancubus, and much more. You can also shoot their dead bodies, or severed limbs, and keep brutalizing them even after their deaths. You can also use the quick-kick ability to kick their severed heads and limbs away and play bloody soccer.

- Possibility of headshoots for most enemies. You can do extra damage shooting at their heads with small firearms like the Rifle, or completely blow-up their heads with a higher firepower weapon such a shotgun or minigun.

- Flares for decoration and projectiles. You will fell like you were playing in the Doomsday Engine.

- 3D bloodspots for OpenGL users that can paint the ground and ceiling with the blood of your enemies.

- You can RIP AND TEAR an enemy if you kill him with punches while under effect of a berserk. (Also knows as Fatalities)

- If you shot an enemy so close, blood will splash on the screen.

- You can paint the chainsaw with blood.

A new balance of weapons and gameplay
All weapons and enemies gained a new balance. There are no more weapons that gets obsolete after you find new ones like in Vanila Doom. (Fists that gets outclassed by Chainsaw, Pistol that gets outclassed by the Chaingun, or Shotgun that gets outclassed by the SSG). Also, there are no more low-threat enemies. Gameplay is much harder and faster. In a short resume: You have more powerful weapons that can kill enemies twice as fast, but enemies have more powerful attacks and can kill you twice as fast too, creating the "Brutal Gameplay".
Here you can see a detailed list of what changes in the gameplay:

Bloodier and Gorier! Gibs! Gibs everywhere! You can paint the walls, floor, and ceiling with blood.

Your head asplode! Almost every enemy (exept Cacodemon, Lost Soul, Demon, and Pain Elemental) have new hitboxes for their heads. You can perform headshots to deal more damage, and cause more brutal and bloody deaths. Shoot at heads to explode them, and see brains, teeth, eyes, and blood flying all over the place.

Amazing effects! Particles, flares, and even shadows! You will fell like you were playing in the Doomsday engine.

RIP AND TEAR!. After you find a Berserk pack, killing enemies with a punch will perform 3rd person executions just like in the Doom Comics. By doing such executions, you gain bonus health as a reward.

Downloads:

Skulltag:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vdtgpuazzkdmsva

ZDoom/GZDoom:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i0d9c8kb0g74bb0

Add-ons:

Regeneration - When you are in the "Danger" state, with health bellow 30, it makes health regenerate by 1 per second until you get with 30 health. Some people suggested me to add this as a main feature, but I preferred to make it as a separated module.
http://www.4shared.com/file/QH2oEgPF/Br ... ation.html

Doom Metal:
A compilation of many Doom and Doom 2 music remixes that really sets the tone of this mod.
http://www.4shared.com/file/N_D9I1vo/Doom_Metal.html

ADVICE:
Before playing, you MUST BE SURE of:

1 - Please, use Open GL mode to properly show the new special effects and taste the full Brutal Doom experience.
2 - In the Open GL settings, set your Adjust Sprite Clipping to Always (Prevents things from getting half in the ground)
3 - In your display options, make sure your deathcam is on! (So you can see the amazing new player deaths)
4 - Read the guide that comes in the readme text.

TROUBLESHOTING:

- If the 3D bloodpools aren't showing up, even if you are using Open_GL, open your console and type "gl_use_models 1"
- If the bloodpools are rendering in a weird way, in the Open GL settings, set the Smooth Sprite Edges to Off
- If your framerate is low, type "gl_use_models 0" to hide the bloodpool 3D models. This helps a lot on old computers.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

People hosting this Wad:
I added "HELP" image lump that explains a lot of features.
Please, put a wellcome message like "Please, before playing, press F1 for instructions." so noob people can understand all the features ;)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

People hosting it, please redirect the download link to http://www.wadhost.fathax.com/files

Also, you can now follow up Brutal Doom's development in Moddb
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 43 times in total.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Gibs Gibs Giiiiibs!!!

So basically its just a gibs mod?

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Nope, since there are significant gameplay modifications, such the implementation of headshoots.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Hmm...could you make a standalone version of just the gibs? I don't like the idea of headshots in Doom >.>

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:24 pm

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:25 pm

MMMMMM gore. :3

Downloading now.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:32 pm

i just played it, here are a few stuffes:

the hands you added on the weapons dont have any gloves.
the fist dont have gloves! thats very important.
too much smoke.
the rocket launcher`s explosion doesnt look as good as the old one.
the hand you added on most guns looks too forward.
make the chainsaw expell smoke.
the minigun is the ugliest sprite ever! use the normal one instead, or make your own.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:35 pm
Retired/Inactive Staff

Those screenshots look sexy, just by virtue of not being Nashgore. Sexable mod, dude, DEFINITELY will download this.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Just another thing:

Could you give the barrels a bit of a delay before they explode, like the original? The way it is now makes map23 truly impossible, since every barrel explodes instantly.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:42 pm

This mod is pretty awesome, made me enjoy playing Map01 on doom 2 for once.
Found one error though, and I'm not sure if its just me or what but when you shoot one of the white lamp posts it disapears.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:51 pm

the dismemebered legs and arms are too big, make them smaller, also the imp-cut-in-half is too big too.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 pm

There is also a bug where the cyber spawns 2 mechanical legs instead of 1.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:33 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for reporting all the bugs, guys. I'll fix it all on the next version. Keep posting when you find more.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:51 pm

I have to admit, the headshots are surprisingly fun and satisfying. There is a problem, however: I got to The Crusher and hit the switch on the Spider Mastermind, and when the block went down a second time, my computer slowed to a grinding halt. Considering that I can run Team Fortress 2 on max settings, I'd say that's a major performance issue.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Profile YIM

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 120  Next