Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
[Bug/Server Trouble] Doomseeker Troubles 

Okay, so I run the Doomseeker, and, as usual, I don't have a wad for a game. No biggie.

However, it then proceeds to tell me, I do not have the doom/doomII/finaldoom wad, which are in their own folder, and have copies made into the Skulltag folder as well.

When I press find/download, it tell me, "CRITICAL ERROR! Aborting..."

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Have you specified the folder your WADs are in, in Options|Configure|File Paths? Also, don't forget to set a folder for Wadseeker to dump downloaded files into, in Options|Configure|Wadseeker|General.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:36 am

Here's the SS.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:38 am
Developer

Why don't you people try to configure the program properly before coming and posting a bug report?

I admit that this blank error message should've never happened and that this is a mistake on our part (mine part to be specific... I think) but please refer to this ... scratch that, wiki ain't working ATM.

Well, you need to specify a valid path to the Skulltag executable. We're sorry for the inconvenient necessity of going through the configuration dialog but Doomseeker is not Skulltag specific and I think the only real solution to this problem is to introduce a first start first configuration wizard to avoid confusion about "WHY this doesn't work off the bat."

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:38 am

I'm an idiot, so could you take me through what I need to do step by step? (and if your post already did, then it further proves my point. XD)

My apologies for any disruptions I caused in your time.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 am

Go to Options|Configuration|Engines|Skulltag and specify the path to the Skulltag executable. Usually, it's C:\Program Files\Skulltag\Skulltag.exe. If you have 64-bit Windows Vista or 7, it might be C:\Program Files (x86)\Skulltag\Skulltag.exe instead. You can use the [...] button to browse for the executable if you aren't sure.

Usually, you should look at the wiki to figure out how to use Doomseeker. Apologies that it isn't working at the moment.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:40 am

Just got my ass kicked in a solo invasion.

TY man! DOOMSEEKER running correctly! :D

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]