Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
FNF #70 - Cooperative Euro; Invasion US FNF w/ damagefactor! 
Skulltag Tester

Well, it's been a while since I last posted an FNF thread, and I forgot how much I dislike the character limit for the thread subject. But since you clicked the thread I can explain it more thoroughly!

Basically, for EuroFNF we have Cooperative - without Survival. Of course, for those of you that missed out on the Survival FNF we ran a while ago, it is , FNF #29--quite some time ago! So, we're running another cooperative FNF; but, this time around, we will not be implementing Survival but rather a very interesting factor- damagefactor, that is!

Damage factor is a cvar that was implemented because of TIHan's but has never actually seen the light of day to many Skulltaggers because it is rarely used. Since TIHan is still here today, I can gladly say that this FNF - both Euro and US - is definitely going to help spread the word of this amazing feature! But what does it do? Simply put, it scales the damage that monsters deal on players. If any of you have played any sort of game modifier that is supposed to increase the difficulty of regular Doom, this one cvar (sv_coop_damagefactor) will multiply the damage dealt by whatever is input, with 1 set as default. So, you can theoretically see a game where a zombieman might actually 1-hit kill you or even see a game where a cyberdemon rocket doesn't even dent you. (not this FNF, though; the sv_coop_damagefactor cvar will be set to 1.5, or 150 percent.)

And as I mentioned, this is going to be used on both FNF's so I'll just state what US-FNF is: Alpha/Delta invasion using damagefactor (150%)! The last time we ran Alpha invasion, it was and for EuroFNF. This time, we're going to have it for US-FNF and with no lives.

And for you FNF server hosts, I present to you the server settings! EDIT: there's only supposed to be one server each (one for each wad) for EuroFNF, not two! (two servers total)

Game Mode: Cooperative
WAD's: ,

Wolfenstein 3-D
Player/Client limit: 12/16
Time Limit: 0
Based Settings: OS
Maplist: N/A

Enjay ZDoom 2001
Player/Client limit: 12/16
Based Settings: NS
Maplist: N/A

When:
European FNF: July 15, 2011, 18:00 GMT
Central Europe: 20:00
United Kingdom: 19:00
Russia / Moscow: 22:00

Where:
European FNF:

Game Mode: Invasion
WAD's: , (yes I know, needs optional WADs)

Player/Client limit: 16/32 (may be raised under the server mod's discretion)
Based Settings: NS

When:
North American FNF: July 15, 2011
Eastern Time: 8:00 PM
Central Time (US): 7:00 PM
Mountain Time: 6:00 PM

Where:
North American FNF:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:05 pm
Forum Administrator

Oh yeah! It's about time that we get some cooperative game modes too! :nod:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:08 am
irc.Skulltag.net Operator

Sounds interesting. #70's gonna be special.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:31 am
Developer

This will definitely be much different than your average FNF! Show up or you won't even know what you're missing out. :)

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]