Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Sunday Night Flags - Pub CTF revival attempt this Sunday! 

I'm going to try to see if I can revive pub CTF on skulltag. So far I've got a map wad going with maps from mainly ZDCTF, IDL, ChaosCore (I think thats the name?), and some other wads. I picked them out for their play ability and how often they appear on ZD pub (based on how successful that is).

As stated, my goal is to [attempt to] revive pub CTF on ST. My intended goal is to try on Sunday night to get as many people as possible for a nice pub game. Anyone is invited, if there's 10v10, so be it. If it falls flat on it's face, I tried. It's more for a relaxation thing, everyone can wander in the offensive position and not give a damn... a relaxed style of pub that hopefully anyone can enjoy.
My intended plan is to try Sunday and see if I can gather people. If by chance it's not a great success, I might talk to the FNF team and see if they're willing to host a pub CTF on Friday. One thing that was quite discouraging last time for pub CTF is that when Legendary CTF was picked, there was 4-5x the amount of spectators who sat there *not* playing compared to the people who were playing. I hope that doesn't happen again.

It will be hosted on Grandvoid. So far the test server is set up on Grandvoid New York. If there's a large European response maybe Konar6 would consider hosting it on the UK servers. I feel that GV NY is the best place to host it because the European players claim they can always play well on NY with 100 ping, and our South American friends can play without going into the 300 ping territory (you'd be surprised how many SA players we have).

The intended start time is 7-8 pm GMT. That way the European players can get on around 8 pm their time, and NA/SA players can get on around 2-3pm (thus working well for both parties). I chose Sunday since Friday and Saturday are used up, and during the week isn't great for pub at this point in time.
Any thoughts? Suggestions? Hope to see you there.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:12 am

I've considered getting back into pub ctf lately, I suppose I'll show up if I'm not busy. A new weekly event isn't a bad idea, but you really should consider a better name for it that isn't a direct ripoff of ZD's WNF :P

also i'm pretty sure everyone knows how many south americans we have

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:52 am

Marcaek wrote:
I've considered getting back into pub ctf lately, I suppose I'll show up if I'm not busy. A new weekly event isn't a bad idea, but you really should consider a better name for it that isn't a direct ripoff of ZD's WNF :P

also i'm pretty sure everyone knows how many south americans we have

I don't mind if you use my WNF idea as a basis for starting / reviving the pub ctf scene in Skulltag, hell I'd even support you with it if you wanted. I got a whole load of wads you can try out for it too :)

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]