Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
98e-alpha - Build 3172 
Lead Developer

Note: Since the last beta build I unified some essential code parts that check whether a player is able to join the game at a certain time. Thus, all gamemodes that possibly prevent the player from joining should be thoroughly tested now. Furthemore, this build hopefully fixes all known crash problems with the software 3D floors. So it's really time that someone organizes some large scale testing for this :P.

• added a patch form kgsws to fix a problem with software 3D floors that also ZDoom was having
  • Fixed: kgsws' original patch for GZDoom 323 was missing some things from ZDoom's 3dfloors2 branch. This seems to fix the resolution dependent crashes Skulltag was having.
  • Fixed a few more discrepancies between the software 3D floors code from ZDoom's main trunk and the patch kgsws made for GZDoom 323
  • Added sv_maxlives support for lastmanstanding and teamlms.
  • Fixed: Players lost a life when being spawn telefragged in survival invasion.
  • Fixed some problems with the Z positioning of map spawned actors on 3D floors after a map reset.
  • Fixed: Offline, the player could join in progress survival and survival invasion games with the "join" command.
  • Fixed: Offline, the player could join in progress teamlms games with the "team" and "changeteam" commands.
  • Fixed: After a "changemap" map change in survival invasion online, an in game player was possibly forced to spectate.
  • out of sequence fix backport from ZDoom revisions 2188 + 3130:
    • Fixed: snd_musicvolume needs to check GSnd for NULL, since somebody might have set an atexit for it, which gets executed after the sound system shuts down. (actually Skulltag already indepenently from ZDoom got this fix a long time ago, I just removed some white change differences here now)
    • Fixed: FPlayList::Backup() failed to wrap around below entry 0 because Position is unsigned now.
    • Fixed: Fake floor's validcounts were not initialized.

Download

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:16 pm
Profile ICQ
Forum Administrator

Yes, another great build! :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:22 pm
irc.Skulltag.net Operator

The server crashes upon client connect. No errors logged.
Can someone confirm this?
Linux 64bit version.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:17 am
Lead Developer

Konar6 wrote:
Linux 64bit version.

The Windows and Linux x86 versions work fine for me, can't test Linux x64 here. Does it happen regardless of the server settings / wads for you?

EDIT: I could also join the Grandvoid 3172 WDI server without problems.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 am
Profile ICQ

Seems to be working good here. Just setup a personal server ([98e-3172] GOLDENEYE) from a Windows 7 x64 machine.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 am
Developer

Konar6 wrote:
Linux 64bit version.

Too much generic. I do have Linux x64. I hosted with terminal a deus vult 2 server and joined with another terminal. Works for me. Can you inform me how did you reproduce this? Like: the wads are you using, the ini settings...

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:08 am
irc.Skulltag.net Operator

Interesting. I can still crash all three 98e-3172 servers that I run, just by connecting. 100% reproducible.
It may be something in my client config causing it. I'll try to elaborate/debug the issue and will report back once I've found something.

EDIT: I've sent Torr Samaho a PM with details, as to avoid any "unpleasantries" until this is fixed.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]