Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
[Essay] Skulltag: Abuse Goes Unpunished [Narrative] 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 132
I help, although not often. I don't have to go through them all because I don't feel like it.

John Zombie wrote:
I applied the same philosophy to your retarded clan members, and what happened? They went crying to Dragon and Stipsi, asking to kick me out of S and NM respectively, for "my really bad attitude" and shit like that.
So I wonder why other people can't "cry" as well, does A3 have a licence to troll or something.


There's a fine line that I make sure I don't cross when doing what I please, I can't say you do the same thing.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:49 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Snap-Ko-Lay
Funny how being called out on antics forces people into a legitimate discussion, isn't it?

That said "I don't feel like it" sounds like another cheap cop out. I'm sorry to tell you but I am not buying it. It would have been easier to just ignore my point altogether.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 1173
Location: Dweller2 Map11
IcyMew wrote:
This idiotic favoritism and bias needs to end, straight up. Get someone who will drop the hammer on all offenders regardless of who they are. Equality is the basis of justice.

Decay: I should say the same to you. However I will call out the fact that you played the "I don't care" card. That's a cop out and it's cheap. If you want to not participate at least be frank about it. That said, if you want to discuss it then you can come to me, it won't hurt you. I left #MXU for a reason. As I have left most channels. Some things are best left unsaid at times but this is not one of them. Silence can only drone on for so long.
It's not a card for me. I legitimately don't care. You can say the same thing to me, but the fact is, I've said all I feel is worth saying minus 1 thing. I was suggesting to pm me on irc, rather than join a channel, but that's ok. I'll wrap up shit on my own end and leave it at that.

Here's the 1 thing I missed.

Clearly you were distraught by the havoc I wrought. It was in fact wrong of me to start what I did.

I'm sorry.

~Decay


Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Snap-Ko-Lay
Decay, I accept your apology 100% and I must say this was a case of miscommunication. In light of this I extend my own apology for not trusting in you as a person to do what is right. I was clearly wrong about you in this manner.

This is what Skulltag needs more of, people doing the right thing in the face of everything that's wrong. As I have said before sometimes the right decisions are hard to make and extremely unpopular.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 132
It's ok if you buy it or not, I still give 0 fucks.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 727
IcyMew wrote:
Decay, I accept your apology 100% and I must say this was a case of miscommunication. In light of this I extend my own apology for not trusting in you as a person to do what is right. I was clearly wrong about you in this manner.

This is what Skulltag needs more of, people doing the right thing in the face of everything that's wrong. As I have said before sometimes the right decisions are hard to make and extremely unpopular.
Daww, pony style resolution.

I'm still pretty confused about this entire thing.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Snap-Ko-Lay
If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Unlike you, I actually take the opposite side's opinion into account.

And thus, your opinion is duly noted, Strangle.

Alienwolve: It's not funny. Stop trying to be cool and actually contribute to the discussion. Reading would really assist you.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 111
Would you consider the critique that your OP is perhaps unnecessarily long winded for such a mind-numbingly trivial topic? And, as such, doesn't warrant such redundant superfluous verbosity?


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Snap-Ko-Lay
No and there are several reasons why.

Firstly you're shoving rhetoric along with your point down my throat. To you this whole deal is trivial but to me it's a pretty big problem.

Secondly that is yet again your opinion because you clearly failed to read into the story to see the immense amount of effort put into what I brought here and the characterization that it brought to the perspective given.

If perhaps you rewrote your critique to include points that don't amount to you using two words at the end to say the same thing, as superfluous is a synonym of redundant, akin to saying the big fat toad, I would more heavily consider your points. However they are noted.


Last edited by IcyMew on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 111
Quote:
If perhaps you rewrote your critique to include points that don't amount to you using two words at the end to say the same thing, as superfluous is a synonym of redundant, akin to saying the big fat toad.


*pssst* that's the joke!


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:43 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Snap-Ko-Lay
Oh you. Finally someone makes me smile.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:44 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 pm
Posts: 31
I have to agree with IcyMew's point; turning a blind eye to things that break the rules for the "sake of conpetition" is absolute BS. Yes, competition is important. No, unnecessary flaming is not important.

Also, not a bad narrative. Very descriptive and such.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 132
Hey we should all be part of the problem, it's so cool.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Snap-Ko-Lay
You know Razgriz, that's essentially what's happening.

It's quite sad, but it's true.

Also, Destroyer, I appreciate the support.

Thanks, I wrote it capping the general points of the day.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 4534
Location: Fantastic Planet
ITT: Arguing about an arguement about whether or not a specific map is a "legitimate" map in which to competitively play Doom online.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Snap-Ko-Lay
That's a very shallow perception of the event at hand. It is far more than a simple argument of situational correctness, it has propagated to encompass, as I mentioned, the severe lack of respect for other players, the general rules, and even the game.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Retired/Inactive Staff

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 794
Location: New York
I'll post my opinions on this tomorrow. I just want to say that a little dot that's only recently known by everyone because he thought playing the cyber game with a dumbass doesn't really have much of a say in competitive gaming, let alone for the fact that im pretty sure he seldom comes into priv in the first place.

Like I said though, ill post tomrrow.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm
Profile
FNF Manager

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 573
The competitive area should be left untouched because the majority of the competitive players are fine with it. Why take the opinions of people who aren't even involved, seriously?

HOTEDIT: Might seem blunt but you gotta learn to ignore some posts, by writing up a 12+ paragraph essay on it, not only are you feeding the haters, but you're also making a mockery of yourself by actually writing a 14(?) paragraph essay about Skulltag and competition.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 pm
Profile
FNF Manager

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 3780
Location: Pennsylvania
What's the point in all this irrelevant information about your life. If you want to bring an issue to light, I don't see how useless information adds to anything other than the ridiculous size of the OP.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Posts: 4534
Location: Fantastic Planet
IcyMew wrote:
Ænima wrote:
ITT: Arguing about an arguement about whether or not a specific map is a "legitimate" map in which to competitively play Doom online.

That's a very shallow perception of the event at hand. It is far more than a simple argument of situational correctness, it has propagated to encompass, as I mentioned, the severe lack of respect for other players, the general rules, and even the game.

It may seem like a "shallow" perception of the event at hand to you, because you're blowing everything up to a massive proportion. You played a 1000-frag Shoot duel, that's cool. I'm not gonna bash you or your duel partner because you played Shoot. But when you got butthurt because of all the Negative Nancies in your thread (and spawned this thread), you pretty much opened yourself up to being bashed. I won't take any part in it though. Others probably will, unfortunately.

Also, regarding the "severe lack of respect for other players, the general rules, and even the game" part ... Where the hell have you been? You say you've been playing since like 93a or something but you must have taken a massive 8-year break or something because i've only just heard of you a few days ago. If you really were around for that long, you'd be used to the community by now and you'd learn to ignore the overwhelming amount of morons that this port has always had.


Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.