Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Question About some mods 

Do the following mods/wads work on skulltag? I know brutal doom does but in the following picture do the wads underneath brutal doom on the right there work on skulltag? The ones such as Diaz: last hour of purity, psychic , SNMP , and modern doomfare. Also there is one called russian overkill...I just want to know before I start trying them on my public servers:
http://i49.tinypic.com/711iya.jpg

Thanks.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:06 am

If it is a .WAD or .PK3 file, it probably will work.

Last edited by Hecce on Wed May 02, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 02, 2012 9:17 am

Not actually. Skulltag has outdated code, some mods that work for ZDoom and GZDoom might use some complicated features that skulltag doesn't support. Not all of theese mods will work.

Things that will work from the list above: The Ghoul's forest 3, Cold as Hell, Congestion 1024, Action Doom, Scythe 2, Zen Dynamics, The Ultimate Torment & Torture, Speed of Doom, Brutal Doom, Diaz: The last hours of purity, Equinox, Knee Deep in ZDoom, Mock 2: The speed of Stupid, Turbo Charged ARCADE, Modern Doomfare.

Everything else I don't really know. Legacy of Suffering won't work for Skulltag, as well as Russian Overkill.

Also, far, far not all of theese wads are suitable for multiplayer. Mock 2: The speed of Stupid, Turbo Charged ARCADE are bad for coop enough.

Wed May 02, 2012 10:32 am
Profile ICQ
FNF Manager

Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 am

The final Diaz mod needs a Skulltag patch, otherwise reloading the shotgun crashes the game.

Load like this

wwhc-diaz.wad
wwhc-diaz-skulltag-fix.wad

There's another version of Diaz around, with the Duke Nukem style shotty. There is a diazpatch.wad for it, but that has nothing to do with Skulltag, it adds extra content. It requires GZDoom 1.0.

If you browse the servers, you will find what patches people use with mods and Skulltag. That will help you with hosting your own server at least.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:06 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]