Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Project ideas! 
Administrator

This thread is where you can post all those cool project ideas you have. Maybe you want to know if an idea is worth making before you start it. Maybe you have the skills for one aspect of a project but need help in another. Or maybe you're feeling creative and you just want to tell somebody your idea. Whatever the reason, this is the place to post them. Remember that this is a thread for ideas and there is no guarantee that any idea will come to life. However, the more work you are willing to do (or have done), the greater the chance that people will become interested in your idea.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:49 pm

This is a great idea I came up with, only I lack the skills to do.
Doom: RTS (DRTS)

This is a kind of TLMS. The objective is to get into the other teams base and stop others from getting into your base. If you manage to get in the other teams base, you score your team 1 point. You also loose all your weapons. The game ends when all players are at the end/dead. If you are facing against defence, you could try and kill them or you could just get that point right away and hope someone else will kill that guy(or girl).

The giant twist is that each team has one commander. The commander sets out player starts just outside your base and can set delays on how long that player can move. So lets say you wanna start off with your 2 plasma spammers and the BFG guy right behind them. You set the spawns all in a line and set the BFG guys delay to 1, which is one second.

The commander can also set 2 trap after to places all the spawns. The trap is simply an explosion, identical to one from a rocket. The sprites of the trap only has 1 rotation, has the bright flag set and faces your team. So your players can see it. The other team can't.

In the commanders inventory he will have 3 detonators. Trap1, Trap2, TrapAll. By activating Trap1, The first trap he lays down will explode. Trap 1 is the team colour with some white on it. Trap 2 is same but with black bits on it.

Each player chooses their weapon:
BFG guy, only has 40 cells.
Plasma guy, has 200 cells.
Rocket guy, has 25 rockets.
Minigunner, also has a Chaingun and has 200 bullets.
SSG guy, also has a Shotgun and has 50 shells.

All players are just like normal marines except for the Minigunner who has a new pistol that uses different ammo to the normal pistol but acts exacly the same.

If there are 8 players on your team then there will be limits.
1 BFG***
2 Plasma**
1 Rocket**
1 Minigunner*
As many SSG guys as you can get.

*** Can have any other weapon if no one wants to be the BFG guy.
** can have any other weapon besides BFG.
* Can be SSG guy.

Here is an example of what you can have with 8 players:
3 Plasma
2 Minigunners
3 SSG guys

The Commander is a kind of spectator. When he/she is spawning players his/her state is like a normal marine but he/she can run through objects. After that and when he/she starts spawning his/her 2 traps he/she can fly. When the match starts he/she gets noclip.

The commander cannot score points and the minimum amount of players is 4. The maps will be very linear so plasma spammers are very effective and you won't ever run past a non-team member without knowing as there is only 2 ways to go. Forward or backward. You would most likely meet in the centre and have an epic battle.

I think this wad would succeed because it has what most people from the skulltag community like: TLMS and classed based.

I hope someone will do all the coding for DRTS. I wouldn't mind making maps for it. Also a good way to get this wad filled with 32 people would be to set it up on the forums.

I thought of this idea because of defending while playing CTF. Non-team members coming in all the time. You beat one wave and just after more come, more and more.

FIN.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:52 pm

A fruity class-based mod. There's 2 teams: Fruits and Veggies.

Weapons:
There's a grenade that fits both teams. I've already got an orange grenade done for the Fruit team. All classes get to use the grenades. Both teams can use each other's grenades. The longer you hold the fire button, the further you throw.
A banana shotgun for the Fruit team, and a cucumber shotgun for the Veggie team (done).
A banana rocketlauncher for the Fruit team, and a cucumber rocketlauncher for, you guessed it, the Veggie team.
A banana sniper rifle and a cucumber sniper rifle.
A banana machine gun and a cucumber machine gun.
A banana plasma rifle and a cucumber plasma rifle.
A banana pistol and a cucumber pistol.
A banana railgun and a carrot railgun.
Banana flamethrower and carrot flamethrower
Of course, each weapon for both teams are very different from each other.
If you happen to find a weapon from the opposite team, you can't pick it up (except the grenades), but you can pick up weapons from classes from your team who got killed.

The classes:
Supporter - uses shotgun, pistol and grenades.
Heavy - uses rocket launcher, flamethrower and grenades.
Sniper - uses sniper (duh), machinegun and grenades.
Scout - uses machine gun, pistol and grenades.
Plasma - uses plasma rifle, railgun and grenades.

All weapons are photographed by me. Hi-res versions are included so they won't look like shit.

Also Zap thank you for making this topic :o

Last edited by Recurracy on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:46 am

Everyone vs Everyone

All great FPS Heroes in a great DM wad. Some villains too, maybe!

Old?

However, a wad done with quality and good taste.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Banned

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:27 am

I had the idea for years to make a racing-mod for a Doom 2 port (GZDoom and Skulltag ofcourse), using costum 3D-models. I know its nothing really new, but I would love to make racing-courses and making full use of slopes and other nifty things to make people be really surprised when they hear it runs on a Doom 2 port. XD

I just don't know anything about running projects, and I can't model or program either. The only thing I can assure is 100% motivation from my side in the mapping-department, so if anyone with experience in mods is up for the challenge I will gladly invest my time in developing a list of all the things that the mod should have, including gameplay-modes and everything.

Feel free to PM me! XD

Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Well, I personally have an idea that wound up being in the vaults for a long time, which I would like to give a mention to:

Idea: Defend Your Keen

Gamestyle: TLMS, Survival (one life)
The idea behind it all: As the name implies, you have to defend commander keen from being horrifically killed by the demons, or face a brutal execution for failing to keep the demons from making brew outta Commander Keen.
In short, this is basically competitive survival, where via scripts, demons aim to kill keen and anyone daring to get near. (Similar to shotgun frenzy's survival defender mode, but the waves aren't by groups, but by time, so if you fail to clean up all zombiemen in 1 minute, you'll be having to deal with the remains of wave 1 and the new wave at the same time.)

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:17 am
Profile YIM

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 am

I,ve got an idea, although I dunno if it'll get any fan besides me.

Now, I've tried the DoomZ mod, but it was incomplete and glitchy, so my idea would be a complete Dragon Ball Z mod, with some custom-textured maps.

The weapons could be changed like this:

Fist: A very quick punch, the hand would be Frieza's, Cell's or someone else.

Chainsaw: Krillin's Destrukto Disc, like in DoomZ.

Pistol: A simple Ki blast.

Shotgun: The blast Vegeto used to eliminate Buu's Kamikaze Ghosts

SSG: Not sure about this one. Maybe Master Roshi's electric attack thingy (the one he used as Jackie Chun, when Goku transformed into a great ape)

Chaingun: Frieza's Barrage Death Beam

Minigun: Gotenk's Shine Shine Missiles

Rocket Launcher: Vegeta's Big Bang Attack or Trunks' Burning Attack (without the delaying hand movements, though).

Grenade Launcher: Yamcha's Spirit Ball

Plasma Rifle: Vegeta's Machine Gun attack

Railgun: Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon (it already looks a bit like it, so not a lot of work to make on the beam ^^)

BFG 9000: Goku's Kamehameha

BFG 10k: Either Goku's Spirit Bomb or Frieza's Death Ball

That's a Wad I'd frickin' like to see, so maybe someone with enough skill and motivation might be interested. If I had any skill at moddin, I'd start right away. :(

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:41 pm

@Callum
Gordom FreeMan is out! ò_ó

Hehehe, PM me who are interested in make this project! :)

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:58 pm
Profile WWW

I've always thought the Doom engine had HUGE possibilities for stealth and other more strategic game modes, so i've been cooking this for a while now, codename: SpyGames (or SpyDoom, whoever develops it can name it according to his/her taste anyway)

basically it would consist of two WADs, the first one being a weapon-pack (i love those) and the second one being the game wad (ya know, levels, the set of rules etc.)

the weapon pack would consist of more original arms, for example a plastic-explosive you can attach to doors or switches so that, when opened/activated the bomb goes off, a freezing cannon (like Daedolon's Frozen Shards but with out the spread, more concentraded) so you can freeze opponents where they stand, either to push 'em somewhere, break them, or just keep them from moving, maybe even some kinda lethal injection to use for close range, AND to tamper with medkits/potions

the game itself would be a combination of already existing game modes i guess, you and your opponent(s) spawn carrying a briefcase, your goal is to have ALL the briefcases at the end of the match and take them to a rendevouz spot for evac, simple, but combined with the weapon pack and some stealthy maps, it could make for some chess-like matches.

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Basing my idea off of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, I would like to see a Co-Op Doom game done in a friendly/competitive style. It would be a co-op specific campaign in which challenges were presented which required player cooperation to be overcome. However, the overlying goal would be to collect the most points, which would be accrued through killing enemies and finding items. While all of the players would be working together to beat the level, they would also be working against each other to grab the most points.

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:47 pm

UAC Segway Racing Championship, I started this before half a year ago but gave up, but maybe I'll try again...

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:25 am

TCs of other games for doom.

Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:05 pm

how about something that absolutely all of us would enjoy and use

a small update to st_hi-res.pk3 that makes the barrels look just as nice as the rest of the items and not be somehow fused with a wall :D

Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:51 pm

I still want to make that Team Icon of Sin gamemode, where you score points by pumping rockets into the goal, just like in MAP30. It's perfect for people who love classic gameplay, because it would require you to know how to beat Doom2 (something I found quite a few people don't know how to do).

The problem is, should I make it so there are two equal teams who race eachother to a specific score? Or should I have an offending team and defending team, with the offending team trying to race the clock?

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 pm
Administrator

Seeing how I'm 99% sure I'm not going to make this, I guess I'll post. I've been wanting to make a Total War mod (which is from Conker's BFD) for some time but never got serious about it. The goal is basically to have the enemies die X number of times with a little twist to speed it up. Basically, two teams have a canister in their base filled with toxins. The goal is to steal their canister and take it to the silo where the nerve gas is released in the entire map. It can be avoided by either getting in the silo (which becomes sealed off) or grabbing a gasmask right before the gas is released. You cannot use your own canister and the nerve gas kills anybody who is unprotected, no matter the team. I'd be willing to map for it if anyone wants to code... :V

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 468 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next