Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Belial, The beginning. FIrst Map DONE! 

So I started a new project... and if any of you remember my last project, I lost it, so I started a new one. called Belial ( supposedly the Chief of all devils, brings about wickedness and guilt) the beginning. It's going to be set in hell. The beginning looks sweet so far. I'll post pics up here shortly.

Download Links: http://uploading.com/files/285f22m1/Bel ... nning.zip/
Official playtester:
Onyx3173

NEW NEWS! I (as long as I don't lose creativity or will to do this... or my grades) will make a survival map pack of this wad.
Edit IF you want a story I have a partial one for you to sink you TEETH into

Last edited by Peacesells on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Retired/Inactive Staff

While it's nice that your starting a new project and all you really should have more to show than a few sectors. What you are showing is is five minutes (if that) of work with very little effort put into it. What you have there isn't bad, it has potential, but it really needs a lot more effort put into it.

On the other hand this is indeed a project and how early you decide to show your work is up to you. Good luck on this.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:38 pm

sorry been working til real late at night so yeah. Thanks for the response though. I hope to get more done soon.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:47 pm
Profile WWW

This gives me an idea, Looks good so far.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:37 am
Administrator

Looks way too empty. I can't really tell you what to fill it with since there isn't a specific answer, but try adding "stuff" and see what looks good.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 am

@predator: you're welcome I suppose? :lol:
@zap610: I understand I plan to make it much less bland just going about it at a very slow pace.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:41 am
Profile WWW

try adding demolished marble on the floor and some ceiling architecture. that's what i'd do.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 pm

it's coming along very slowly here are a few more pics

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:15 am
Profile WWW

Looks better in the doombuilder shot too dark ingame.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:18 am

yeah, figured just wanted to post something other than doombuilder shots.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Banned

if you turned those 6 or 8 monsters into 10,000 monsters this map would win.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:02 am

a few new screens again.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

Out of curiosity, have you planned out the areas in particular or are you working on this from scratch without a particular blueprint in mind? So far you seem to be adding more detail work to the area you've already created (Trust me, NOT a bad thing :D), but you don't really have an area outside of it.

Is this a grand entrance to some temple? Are we leaving from the area up top only to see the lava ridden ruins in front of us? All I can make out so far is it's a very elaborate stairway. If you open up to us, I'm sure we could help you with some ideas other than "Needs work." ;)

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 am

ha ok this is going to be eventually a large entrance. the idea came from a picture from here (go about half way down the page) http://humanpets.com/745515060 and I wanted to put that in a huge level. but seeing as it was just a gate and nothing more, I had to get creative. I'm doing this from scratch. The idea is that you're trying to stop a demon. one of the higher up leaders of hell. He's been around for millions of years. His temple now is becoming older and decrepit. Some of it is breaking down and cracking. But just because it's old, and he's old doesn't mean that he isn't ready for the doom guy. So in a nut shell all I got is the entrance really. I have some thoughts for the temple but not like a well thought out one.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:16 am
Profile WWW

I promise After this post I will have more than my beginning room.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

yay 3 in a row! :lol:

SO feedback would be nice. if someone would for some obscure reason want to play the very bare of this map then feel free to ask I'll pm you, or if enough people say they want it I'll post a link on the FIrst post.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:41 pm
Profile WWW

Three cacolanterns in this hallway is a bit much since there's very little room to dodge them.

You should add a way out or make this deal damage so people don't have to noclip out of it.

Is there supposed to be no way in here yet?

Might want to tone the particle effects down. Some of these don't look like they should have particles at all and others definitely have too many. (Gotta take into account older computers when you're building your level as well.)

I think it's supposed to look like the side of this platform has sunk partially into the ground but it doesn't quite look right. You might try detaching the sunken part from the platform.

I don't know if you haven't made the switch or anything for this door but I had to noclip through it.

Another note, you may want to add a railing or something so people don't fall off the main part of the map into the lava, I almost fell in numerous times fighting the cacodemons since I was concentrating on fighting. Also, a bit of variety in lighting wouldn't be bad.

Overall, it was a decent play, not too hard. A lack of texture variety but it fits the map.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:39 pm

1. Just a beta playtest, will be more easy later just thought it should be known you'll have a fight.
2. it will deal damage
3.yes. my screwup you have it it the final pm I sent you.
4. I did in your beta.
5. Thanks for the critisism. I will move it.
6. again screwup but it's fixed now.
7 IT's supposed to be hard. it's hellish so why would hell give you guard rails? Exactly the wouldn't :chuckle: Varied lighting I am sort of doing, more will come though. thanks though for the playthrough.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

You might want to check the 'lower unpegged' option for the walls on the sides of the big door so they don't lower with the door. And the placement of the cacolanterns is much better but it might be better with cacodemons instead (or maybe 1 cacolantern and two cacodemons). With the speed of the projectile the cacolanterns fire, it's extremely difficult to dodge them.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:37 pm

it says they are unpegged

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next