Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:02 am

Forum rules

Name your topics well! "Help me!" won't attract a person with a solution as well as "DMFlags under Linux server" will.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
doomseeker.exe "the application has failed to start beca..." 

Hi All,

Usually I don't have this much trouble debugging strange Windows error messages but I'm completely out of ideas for this one. Earlier today before a reinstall of Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 Skulltag worked fine and so did the server browsing software doomseeker.exe. After reinstalling Windows I get the following error:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Event Log shows the following errors:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 32
Date: 9/8/2010
Time: 12:06:02 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MAIN
Description:
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 59
Description:
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC90.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 59
Description:
Generate Activation Context failed for D:\Games\Skulltag\doomseeker.exe. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

I've installed all Windows updates and all the Dot Net redistributable's and downloaded all updates but I'm completed lost. Obviously I've tried reinstalling the application in standard and portable mode... even going so far as a complete OS reinstall once again... I don't really believe this is a doomseeker problem per se, probably just missing some kind of needed dependencies or something. Just wondering if anybody can help point me in the right direction? I believe the issue has something to do with either the msvcr90.dll or msvcp90.dll file or their location.

My install is located at D:\Games\Skulltag

Thanks in advance everybody! :)

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi again!

As usual the moment I posted this it magically started working. About the only change I could guess I made was Windows installed a dot net 3.5 update after I installed the redistributable. If anybody ever runs into this problem again I would suggest starting with downloading all of the dot net (1-4 currently) from the Microsoft website and installing them, then running Windows update to check for updates to all of them.. Hope nobody else has as much trouble as me! :)

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:35 pm
Administrator

Glad you solved your problem.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]