Skulltag Archive

Hosted by Dark-Assassin

The default theme was not avalible in the backup, sorry.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:51 pm

Forum rules

First, be sure to read so you don't get banned.

1. Absolutely NO Youtube video threads. There is a thread for them. Keep them in there.
2. Keep things civil. If any discussion goes out of control, thread will be locked and abyssed, no questions asked or warnings.
3. A mod has the right to lock a thread if it's considered flame bait or just plain dumb.
4. Don't take matters into your own hands. Use the report button! Staff only get mad if you try to act like a mod when you're actually not.

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Are you new? Post here! 
Global Moderator

Welcome to Skulltag forums! Be sure to greet yourself here.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Andrew (As my name implies, lol.), and I've been playing ST for... Well... To be honest, I can't come up with an exact time length, but I've been playing for a while. I started out with ZDaemon after a friend introduced it to me in my... Sophomore year in High School, but I have been playing Doom probably since I was 4. (I'm 18 now, lol.) When Final Doom came out on the PS1, I was all over it! But... As for Skulltag, I personally find it awesome, epic, and sexy all at the same time, and it's awesome to find such an engaging community dedicated to Doom.

As for my personal Doom/Skulltag experience... I usually play team-based or survival maps, as I like teamwork, but I play DM every once in a while. I'm decent at DM, but one could say that I rock in survival/co-op/single player games. ;D (UV and Nightmare all the way, lol.) Also, I guess you could say that I'm a decent mapper. I always start projects, but never seem to finish them, due to a lack of dedication. I know some basic ACS scripting, and I'm actually quite good at basic mapping (Interesting landscapes and such.), but I'm just now starting to get into DECORATE, so I'm just learning the basics, lol.

So... That's about that! OH. I forgot to mention that my screen name is andrewsauce32! I wouldn't be surprised if anyone recognized me, lol.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Uh... hah, hello world...

I ain't great at new stuff, but anyways... I'm Glitchy, player of Doom for what I can guess was around 2008 and Skulltagging for August 2009 at the least. Only sure there cause I had Skulltag on my laptop during a driving trip. I'm no Doom master yet, but I've tried getting upped on reflexes and focus trying to get that "flow" mind through. I can have my moments, but normally I might just play a little stale or even flaw-filled. One of these days, demon... One of these days...

I kinda don't know left from right on specific game-based forums like this, but I try to keep sense. I have a couple of past forums, so I get the idea... I'm rambling. Anyways, I build Doom maps sometimes, but not much I ever publicized much for. I have a bad habit of making rooms... too small for multiple players. Outside of Doom, my techie stuff lies in my own media such as a barrel full of unfulfilled projects for video games and movie-based gags. I'm a nerd, just not as productive.

Two things about me:
(1) everything I say is sarcastic and exaggerated;
(2) Many things I say are sarcastic and exaggerated;
I speak often too much, but I rarely speak exact unless I really put any concern for such. My vocabulary has a jumbled collection of unsorted words, so it's difficult for me to place them together. I joke very much when I'm familiar, so often I am only jesting if I say something odd.

But ah well, I'd best not flood this post with jibberish of myself and let the experience come first-hand. 'Sides, I'd might as well write a book if such is the case.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:49 pm
Profile WWW

I'm new... to the skulltag forums.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Well, Im new here and im a man of a few words. Well, i hope to make some friends in the progress. And well, somethings that i like are the videogames and anime. Well, i suposse that its all. :D

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:55 am
Profile WWW

I'm new in this forum.
I want to know when I can post a topic in the Feature Suggestions subforum.
Thx in advance!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Hello all! I'm Dana, and new to Skulltag and this board. I made a mistake starting out on the servers by apparently using a name that was already taken - Helios. Once I realized this I changed it to Helios_D'mage. Not really happy with that, I'm now 'Hellmage' and hopefully will get to keep this one?

Not much else to tell other than I've been around the block a few times and been playing DooM, Ultimate DooM, DooM ][ for quite some time off and on over the years. I don't really talk that much in game but I've been having a great time playing on the ST servers! It's taking me some time to get used to Skulltag, the last time I played a lot, the DooMGuy couldn't jump or look up and down. I'll get back in form eventually...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:38 am

Location: In a house on a hill that is really EverQuest looking and weird
I'm new (Yes I have insomnia it is 1:45 AM) O.O

My real name is Tuesday. Some people love it some people hate it some people make fun of it. I was supposed to be born on a Tuesday but I wasn't, my parents named me Tuesday anyway.

I downloaded Skulltag two days ago (three days ago?) AH! INSOMNIA! And I really love it! I remember seeing my dad playing it back in 2005 and a friend on another forums I post on mentioned it to me when we started talking about Doom.

I thought well, I never boot camped my Macintosh before and he said "You don't have to," and linked me to downloads where I fainted (for five seconds, I think) upon finding a download for ... (wait for it!) Mac OS!

I play Deathmatch mostly because I haven't had a whole lot of time to download wads for other servers yet. But some of you might have seen me in the Skulltag IRC yesterday. I joined with Doomseeker and asked a bunch of newbie questions about why I can't host.

Sorry about that!

Anyway, hi!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 am

Hello, I'm new. I discovered Skulltag thanks to MM8BM. I'm a huge Mega Man fan too. :D

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Hey i am new here, but i play Skulltag almost a year. I just wanna say - good work!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:06 pm
Lead Administrator

Just thought I'd drop by and say welcome to everyone who have joined the skulltag community. Hope you guys have a good time here!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Im an oldie to Skulltag but, Im new to the ST fourms!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi everyone. This looks like a lot of fun, I'm new to skulltag so what are some good servers to play on and what mods?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 pm
Lead Administrator

Hey, welcome to Skulltag!

There are plenty of servers to choose from, but if you're looking for a good duel or CTF game, the NJ servers are the main ones to play competitive game modes.

If you're a cooperative player, Hellspawn Armada offers tons of servers to play coop and survival.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 pm

CTF sounds fun, I didn't ever think DOOM could do this! Oh how to a upload an avatar? When I upload an image it works fine, but nothing displays?

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:08 pm
Global Moderator

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi. I'm Dr.ElectroFreak and I'm just here checking out this place. Might see me in CTF, COOP and FFA.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm Zythum. If you are wondering what that means, it was an old Egyptian beer.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi guys, my FPS days started with Openarena, then I found ROTT. eventually a friend showed me prboom. I got bored and started looking for other ports. I occasionally use jdoom but i use skulltag 99% of the time. I love trying out P-WADs and hope to one day build my own. Anyways, thx for reading this!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next